Re: 2.6.1-mm3 lm_sensors outdated?

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 21:56:23 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:06:48PM -0500, Ed Sweetman wrote:

sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.
sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.

I now get these warnings when loading the i2c via686a and viapro modules in my dmesg output.

These warnings are coming from userspace, not the modules.

I recommend upgrading to the latest release of lmsensors (they should be
making a new release any day now to handle 2.6.1 properly.)

the modules themselves aren't making sysfs entries and lm_sensors is integrated with the kernel. so i tried sensors just in case and didn't realize it would output messages into the message log and not terminal. In any case, i was simply wondering if the kernel's lm_sensors was outdated or if i was running into a compilation or configuration problem brought on by any recent changes. It would appear though that the sensors in the kernel are incompatible with the kernel, at least some of them.