IrDA patches for 2.4.25

From: Jean Tourrilhes
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 19:24:20 EST

Hi Marcelo,

Two IrDA patch that I want to submit for 2.4.25.
It is basically the backport of two drivers from the 2.6.X
kernel that are very popular amongst IrDA users. I reverted back the
alloc_irdadev patch in the VIA driver so it matches other 2.4.X
drivers.
Those patches have been tested in 2.6.X and 2.4.24, and only
impact the driver themselves, so are safe.

Thanks in advance.

Jean

[FEATURE] : Add a new feature to the IrDA stack
[CORRECT] : Fix to have the correct/expected behaviour
[CRITICA] : Fix potential kernel crash

ir244_nsc_39x-2.diff :
<Original patch from Jan Frey>
o [FEATURE] Add support for NSC PC8739x chipset (IBM A/R31 laptops)

ir244_via-ircc-5.diff :