True story: "gconfig" removed root folder...

From: Romain Lievin
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 02:45:09 EST

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:46:48PM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Romain Lievin wrote:
>
> > I have managed to reproduce bug: make gconfig, go to the '/' directory,
> > type 'root' as file and ... you get a 'root' file. The 'root' directory is
> > destroyed !
>
> What do you mean with "destroyed"? All I can reproduce here is that it's
> simply moved away, but it's still there!

I mean "destroyed" because my 'root' directory did not exist anymore. When I do
a 'ls', I just see a 'root' file with config within.
Well, "destroyed" may not be the best word. I can tell that it vanished somewhere.
Anyways, I don't have any '*.old' file or directory after that.

> bye, Roman

Romain.
--
Romain Liïvin (roms): <roms@xxxxxxxxx>