Re: Fwd: [2.6] nfs_rename: target $file busy, d_count=2

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 08:46:54 EST

På fr , 16/01/2004 klokka 07:32, skreiv Roman Kagan:

> I don't see your nfs_rename problem on the clients. Nor do they get
> stale NFS handles: there used to be some until I added no_subtree_check
> export option.

Sure. subtree checking will break renames if you rename from one
directory to another. This is not a new 2.6 feature. It occurs on 2.4
servers too...
It is because a server with subtree checking enabled will encode the
parent directory inside the filehandle. When you rename so that the
parent directory changes, the old filehandle becomes stale.

Cheers,
Trond