Re: AIC7xxx kernel problem with 2.4.2[234] kernels

From: Stephen Smoogen
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 18:00:06 EST

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 15:39, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > Booting problems with aic7xxx with stock kernel 2.4.24.

> > Unexpected busfree while idle
> > SEQ 0x01
>
> A problem with similar symptoms was corrected in driver version 6.2.37
> back in August of last year. Can you try using the latest driver source
> from here:
>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/
>
> and see if your problem persists? The aic79xx driver archive at the
> above location includes both the aic7xxx and aic79xx drivers. If this
> does not resolve your problem there are other debugging options we can
> enable that may aid in tracking down the problem.

Hi I did that already; sorry for not being clearer about it in the bug
report. For some of my systems I had patched my kernel to have the
latest source code from your site for our aic79xx machines. I ran that
kernel on these other systems and it locked up in a similar state.

I am ready for the additional debugging options :). Thanks for your
quick response.

--
Stephen John Smoogen smoogen@xxxxxxxx
Los Alamos National Lab CCN-5 Sched 5/40 PH: 4-0645