Re: [RFC] kill sleep_on

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 03:04:44 EST

På su , 18/01/2004 klokka 02:44, skreiv Manfred Spraul:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> >That's quite a lot of contention on the lock_kernel() in remote_llseek().
> >

> What about switching to generic_file_llseek, at least for files? The
> only references to f_pos are in filldir/readdir.

I'm not sure that taking inode->i_sem would be much of an improvement.
Both th BKL and the inode semaphore seem superfluous to me in this
situation.
After all, the file size is now protected by neither of the above, but
rather by its own seqlock...

Cheers,
Trond