Re: bkbits going down for maintainance

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 11:04:43 EST

Upgraded to 2.4.24 on the advice of many folks (thanks). I ran a script
which backups up all the repos to a second disk and then another which ran
BK's integrity checker on each repo; all passed and no crashes. We'll see
if this setup works better, we were getting kernel oops about once every
36 hours and I suspected the power and/or cooling in the 2U rack unit.

In case this doesn't work, I bought a 2Ghz Athlon uniprocessor and
have been burning it in. If the current machine keeps crashing I'll
declare that hardware flakey and switch over after getting some more ram
(bkbits.net has 2GB).