Re: System died because of ide-scsi

From: Oliver Feiler
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 06:21:14 EST

On Monday 19 January 2004 12:08, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm not sure where to report bugs in ide-scsi in kernel 2.4, so trying
> here ...

[...]

> ide-scsi: Strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted
>
> I could log in as root on the console and type several commands (again, up
> to 10 seconds to process a key press). I tried to reset the device using
> hdparm, and that caused kernel oops.

Hm, I reported what looks like a similar problem some time ago. At least the
symptom, but not what caused it. Though I didn't get an oops.

See my previous mail:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0312.2/0792.html

Also got "ide-scsi: Strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted"
and afaict this happened the first time since I used 2.4.23. Maybe it is the
same problem?

If you got an oops you should probably post it. After running through ksymoops
of course. :)

Bye,
Oliver

--