Re: filesystem bug?

From: Tsuchiya Yoshihiro
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 03:37:26 EST

Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Other than 2.4.20-28.9, since they have been running for three days,
>
>>they seems nice at this point.
>>
>>What exactly is the race condition between read_inode() and
>>clear_inode() you have
>>mentioned?
>>

>This one:
>
>http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4/patch@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you. I think this one does not explain all of my problem.
1. the corrupted inode was still in the parent directory. It is
strange because unlink removes the directory entry first and then
iput deletes the inode.

2. some time, i_nlink was 0 and i_dtime was set which is I think
somewhat related with this patch, but the other time,
part of a inode block was cleaned with 0, which I do not understand
how at all.

Thank you,
Yoshi
Yoshihiro Tsuchiya