Re: HPT370 status [2.4/2.6]

From: Wilfried Weissmann
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 13:27:41 EST

Jan De Luyck wrote:
Hello List,

Before I start frying my disks and all, what's the usability status of the Hightpoint HPT370 ide "raid" controller on linux 2.4 and 2.6?

2.4 is fine if you use the ataraid code. mirroring is not fault tolerant so you would not want to use that. raid-0 and jbod is ok. i am currently looking into 2.6. i will probably write an evms plugin for the new kernel. the nice thing is that it will work also for 2.4er kernels with the evms patches plus we get a proper mirroring solution for free. :)

bye,
wilfried

Is there any release that actually supports the "half hard half software" stripe that can be created with the bios of these things?

I've got one on my mobo (Abit KG7-Raid) and I'm in dire need of extra controllers ;p If the raid would work, would be nice, but is not required.

[linux-ide answers: please CC me since I'm not on _that_ list]

Jan