Re: logging all input and output on a tty

From: Esben Stien
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 16:37:08 EST

Ludootje <ludootje@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> You can just cat the device, like cat /dev/tty<number>. So you can also
> use normal redirectors (> , >> etc) or use a pager.

If I do cat /dev/tty1 on /dev/tty2, I see what I write to /dev/tty1 on /dev/tty2, but I don't see what I write to /dev/tty1 while working in /dev/tty1 (all the input is being printed on /dev/tty2) . And besides, I only see the input I type, not the output of f.ex a command (on /dev/tty2). I want to monitor users and log everything that is done on a specific tty when they log in.

--
b0ef