Re: 2.6.1-mm4

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 22:34:27 EST

In message <20040121134657.6cd27cbd.ak@xxxxxxx> you write:

> As for the implementation of doing it at runtime - i took a look at
> it but got scared by sysfs livetime rules and the lack of callbacks
> in module_parm.

FYI module_parm is just a convenience wrapper around

module_param_call(name, set, get, arg, perm)

Where get and set are the callbacks:

/* Returns 0, or -errno. arg is in kp->arg. */
typedef int (*param_set_fn)(const char *val, struct kernel_param *kp);
/* Returns length written or -errno. Buffer is 4k (ie. be short!) */
typedef int (*param_get_fn)(char *buffer, struct kernel_param *kp);

With these the implementation should be fairly neat.

Hope that clarifies,
Rusty.