Re: Nvidia drivers and 2.6.x kernel

From: Christian Unger
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 06:54:10 EST

> Hi, i have this drive working great for me.
> I aply a patch, then i recompile the source.
> If you prefer, i can send the source for you.

Well ... i've applied the patch and downloaded the pre-patched drivers,
sacrificed a virgin, installed the module loading stuff (just in case) and
still no joy.

So i think the fault is not with NVidia. or the patch. Maybe it's a flaw in
Slackware 9.1, or i'm just too thick.

I did get X to work with nv, but since i have a dodgy old monitor i can't get
the vertical alignment right (there probably is a way to do it -- SAX in SuSE
does the trick).

--
with kind regards,
Christian Unger

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" (Faithless - Reverence)

Mobile: 0402 268904
Internet: http://naiv.sourceforge.net
NAIV Status:
Stable Testing Development
0.2.3r2 0.3.0 0.3.1 - File Handling

"May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins" (Animatrix)