Re: iswraid calling modprobe when scsi statically compiled?

From: Beratco Matei jr.
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 10:21:54 EST

* Sorry by the off-topic *
However I have problems when booting. I'm using GRUB trying to boot
directly over ICH5R RAID without any success. It doesn't see any known
filesystem in (hd0).
Are you booting directly to RAID disks? I'm using RAID1, it may be a
bit different.
What boot loader are you using?

I'm using grub from RedHat 9. I did have redhat installed on my 3rd disk and moved it to my
raid array (a lot later). When I installed it, i had to install grub on floppy,
boot from floppy, enter command-line and install to HDD from floppy. This is because
the grub from redhat (i mean after you booted) doesn't detect the RAID correctly, and still sees
hd0 as the primary master disk (hda, my 3rd disk).

Anyway, this is what i've done, and it works. I actually installed it on the ext3 partition (from my
raid) , and the MBR is the "standard" one from windows, with the ext3 as primary (so I can
reinstall the other OS anytime without reinstalling grub).