Re: security patches / lsm

From: Chris Wright
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 18:11:56 EST

* Nico Schottelius (nico-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> What about the LSM framework in the kernel and the arguments at
> http://www.rsbac.org/lsm.htm
> http://www.grsecurity.net/lsm.php

It's been fairly functional for something as comprehenseive as SELinux,
and supports other users as well, LIDS, DTE come to mind. There are
probably some improvements we could make from a few of the complaints
from these projects, however they haven't contacted the lsm list in years.

> Are you working together with those maintainers to enable their
> patches?

No. They've both said they don't want to spend any time on such
endeavor. I think it would be time well spent, perhaps you'd like to
help?

thanks,
-chris
--