2.6.1-mm5, kernel panic "Interrupt not syncing"

From: Mike
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 10:01:07 EST

I have run 2.6.0-test.* kernels, 2.6.1-mm1 and 4 and they all boot fine.
When I go to 2.6.1-mm5 I get a kernel panic and the boot freezes. The
messages go by so quick I can't tell at what point it is doing this but
the last line is interrupt not syncing. Any ideas? I have gone back to
2.6.1-mm4 so I can boot but I was interested in mm5 because it has ALSA
1.01 and I was hoping that would solve my lockup when I got to a web page
with a lot of flash problem but not being able to boot is even worse. :-)

Any ideas on the problem or advice on how to debug this would be most
appreciated.

Thx

Mike