Re: Illegal instruction with gl

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 10:29:32 EST

Just to add to the below, I disabled acpi, highmem, smp, and preempt. Same
problem. I also tried 2.4.24 kernel, same results.

I modified agpgart on 2.4.24 to use generic intel init which didn't change
anything.

This is the first system with an intel E7505 I've used so I don't know if
it's a board problem or a kernel problem. Or if it's with the matrox g400.

Here's the kernel messages for agp/drm from 2.6.1 (everything enabled that I
disabled):
agpgart: Detected an Intel E7505 Chipset.
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 941M
agpgart: AGP aperture is 32M @ 0xf8000000
[drm] Initialized mga 3.1.0 20021029 on minor 0
agpgart: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
agpgart: Device is in legacy mode, falling back to 2.x
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 1x mode

I placed some files in:
http:// veg.animx.eu.org/e7505/
with some extra information (config, full dmesg, lspci -v)