2.4.24 with the 2.4.23-xfs patches from sgi

From: Jeffrey E. Hundstad
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 15:17:34 EST

Hello,

In the last 48-hours we've had two machines hang with no messages on the console and none in the logs, pings return, drive lights are all off and don't ever flash. Both machines we running linux-2.4.24 with the xfs-2.4.23-all-i386 patch as recommended by the XFS group. These machines had been running fine on this kernel image since Jan 13, 2004. One machine was running XFS as a filesystem and the other was running EXT2. These machines have both been in constant production for over 4 years and there has not been any hardware changes, including those to it's environment with is power and temperature controlled.

Both machines are Pentium-3 class, 256M of memory, both using SCSI disk with different SCSI controllers. This is the the version string:
Linux version 2.4.24-xfs (j3gum@krypton) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)) #1 SMP Tue Jan 13 22:05:12 CST 2004

If you need more specific info. I'll prob. keep these and the other dozen on the same kernel image up for a few more days.
--
jeffrey hundstad