Re: joydev: kernel panic accessing /dev/js0 with 2.6.2-rc1-bk1

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 03:45:21 EST

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 07:07:31AM +0100, rvalles wrote:
> > If you also could get the function where EIP is, that'd be great.
> Oops! Did I really post all the stack trace and forgot about the current
> function? Well, I wonder what was I thinking. Here it is:
>
> EIP is at hidinput_hid_event+0x8f/0x2a0
>
> Also, had to boot from a Knoppix 3.3 for some stuff, and verified, with jstest,
> that the pad seems to be working well with its kernel (2.4.22-xfs).
>
> I also forgot to tell you that I've got CONFIG_HID_FF and CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF
> enabled on my 2.6.2-rc1-bk1.
>
> cc me on reply. I'm not suscribed into linux-kernel.

Ok, now I see how and where it happens. But I need the device HID
desriptor dump. Please enable DEBUG and DEBUG_DATA in hid-core.c,
and send me the output it produces into 'dmesg'. If you want to avoid
the crash, simply disable hid-input in kernel config for the experiment.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR