Re: 2.6.2-rc in BK: Oops loading parport_pc.

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 18:17:13 EST

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

> a "bk pull" and enabled some PNP options, among them ISA PNP.

Often this is because some other, unrelated module left things registered
after it was removed. Or otherwise wrecked shared data structures.

So what you ned to do is to take careful note of what other modules were
loaded and unloaded leading up to the crash, and suspect those.

There is one known problem in this area: unloading 8250_pnp will wreck the
kobject tree. Try

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.2-rc1/2.6.2-rc1-mm3/broken-out/8250_pnp-cleanup.patch