Re: Nvidia drivers and 2.6.x kernel

From: Christian Unger
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 18:25:34 EST

Kieran (et al)

Ok i tried the configuration you sent, and after working out that you have a
different motherboard chipset which caused the kernel to hang here whenever i
did anything that involved the hard disk (copy the drivers from my backup
partition to my work partition for instance - to ensure that i was using
"good copies") i even had signs of success.

Mere signs though. I continue being told it's an invalid format:
FATAL: Error inserting nvidia (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/drivers/video/
nvidia.ko): Invalid module format

So ... i'm out of ideas ... i don't get why it ain't doing for me what it is
doing for everyone else. I am wondering IF something screwed up when i
upgraded Slackware 9.1 from 9.0 ... and in the interest of testing that
theory might do a rm -f / later and start from scratch. I haven't decided if
2.6 is worth that much yet though.
--
with kind regards,
Christian Unger

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" (Faithless - Reverence)

Mobile: 0402 268904
Internet: http://naiv.sourceforge.net
NAIV Status:
Stable Testing Development
0.2.3r2 0.3.0 0.3.1 - File Handling

"May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins" (Animatrix)