Re: Fried the onboard Broadcom 4401 network...

From: Tomas Ogren
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 04:49:26 EST

On 26 January, 2004 - Pavel Machek sent me these 0,4K bytes:

> Hi!
>
> > After that, I have not been able to get link (neither see it through
> > Linux/WinXP or the physical LED). I have tried multiple cables and my
> > laptop is perfectly happy with all of them, but the broadcom thingie
> > seems not. The switch doesn't see link either.
>
> Try to physically unplug machine from AC for a while.

Ah, thank you! Just turning the power switch off didn't help.. I suppose
it's kept alive (for some values of alive ;) for WOL and such..

Now it's working again.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@xxxxxxxxxx, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå