Re: PNP depends on ISA ? (2.6.2-rc2

From: Adam Belay
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 16:34:35 EST

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:31:44PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I was wondering why pnp depends on isa being selected in 2.6.2-rc2, is
> pnp really only relevant to isa? What happens with pci etc. ?
> This may explain why using pnpbios locks up my machine (at least as of 2.6.0-test9).

Yes, it only is related to isa devices, but they include onboard devices
such as serial ports. It will, however, prevent resource conflicts
between pci and system devices, especially with unusual configurations.
Does using pnpbios cause your machine to lockup at boot? If so, around
where does it occur? DMI information would also be useful for blacklisting
purposes.

Thanks,
Adam