Re: PPC KGDB changes and some help?

From: George Anzinger
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 16:47:21 EST

Tom Rini wrote:

There is a real danger of passing signal info back to gdb as it will want to try to deliver the signal which is a non-compute in most kgdbs in the field. I did put code in the mm-kgdb to do just this, but usually the arrival of such a signal (other than SIGTRAP) is the end of the kernel. All that is left is to read the tea leaves.

The gdb I've been testing this with knows better than to try and send a
singal back, so that's not a worry. The motivation behind doing this
however is along the lines of "if it ain't broke, don't remove it". The
original stub was getting all of this information correctly, so why stop
doing it?

You sure. If so what gdb? And how does it know? I suppose you could tell it with a script, but then what if one forgets?

--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx