Re: PATCH to access old-style FAT fs

From: Frodo Looijaard
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:26:02 EST

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:08:32AM +0900, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:

> "stop when DIR_Name[0] == 0" should be added after cleanup. The option
> is not needed.

OK. That would be nice. Like I said, I just hope it does not break other
FAT implementations, but that is not very likely. At least, that would
allow read-only mounted EPOC FAT partitions to be handled correctly.

> Honestly, I wouldn't like to add the "add a new DIR_Name[0] = 0" part.
> The option is added easy, but it is not removed easy. And we must
> maintain it.

I understand. I could always maintain that patch separately for those
who need it (for read-write mounted EPOC FAT partitions).

> (BTW, looks like that patch is buggy)

Could well be. Any suggestions what to look out for?

Thanks,
Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@xxxxxx> PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol