Re: pmdisk working on ppc (WAS: Help port swsusp to ppc)

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 23:30:13 EST

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 13:05, Hugang wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:34:53 +1100
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Ok, had a quick look. I _HATE_ those horrible macros you did. Why
> > not just call asm functions or just inline the code ?
>
> Good idea, But will try inline first. I can't sure change to call asm
> function can works. But I'll try.

As long as you make sure you save the LR in case you need it, you
can call asm functions. macros are _evil_ :)

Also, you can remove the code playing with BATs for now, they don't
really need to be saved. If the boot kernel sets them up any differently
than the saved kernel, we are in trouble anyway. And the G5 has no BATs.

Ben.