2.6.2-rc2 Interactivity problems with SMP + HT

From: Catalin BOIE
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 05:45:39 EST

Hello!

First, thank you very much for the effort you put for Linux!

I have a Intel motherboard with SATA (2 Maxtor disks).
CPUs: 2 x 2.4GHz PIV HT = 4 processors (2 virtual)
1 GB RAM.

Load: postgresql and apache. Very low load (3-4 clients).

RAID: Yes, soft RAID1 between the 2 disks.

I have times when the console freeze for 3-4 seconds!
2.6.0-test11 had the same problem (maybe longer times).
2.6.1-rc2 worked good in this respect but crashed after 2 days. :(
2.6.2-rc2 is back with the delay.

Do you know why this can happen?

Thank you very much!

---