Re: [patch] PCI Express Enhanced Config Patch - 2.6.0-test11

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 11:07:08 EST

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> Brian Gerst spotted a bug -- I'd forgotten to initialise mmcfg_virt_addr.

The compiler _should_ entirely compile away "fix_to_virt(xxx)", so by
creating a variable for the value, you're actually making code generation
worse. You might as well have

#define mmcfg_virt_addr (fix_to_virt(FIX_PCIE_MCFG))

instead.

That said, this patch looks perfectly acceptable to me. With some testing,
I'd take it through Greg or -mm.

Linus