Re: Lindent fixed to match reality

From: David Weinehall
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 15:44:02 EST

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:35:03PM +0100, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> David Weinehall <tao@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >> b) (no -bs) "sizeof(foo)" rather than "sizeof (foo)"
> >
> > I can't really see the logic in this, though I know a lot of people do
> > it. I try to stay consistent, thus I do:
> >
> > if ()
> > for ()
> > case ()
> > while ()
> > sizeof ()
> > typeof ()
> >
> > since they're all parts of the language, rather than
> > functions/macros or invocations of such.
>
> What I fail to see here is why that should make a difference regarding
> whitespace before the parens.

All I'm trying to say, is that we should be consistent; most code
has:

if (), for (), case (), while ()

(and possibly sizeof foo, typeof foo)

but

sizeof(foo), typeof(foo)

which is what I dislike (consistancy is good.)

Regards: David Weinehall
--
/) David Weinehall <tao@xxxxxxxxxx> /) Northern lights wander (\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //