Re: Errors with USB Disk

From: Martin Bogomolni
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 12:01:54 EST

Michael, Markus, Et. Al.

We are seeing the same problem ( USB hangs ) on 2.4.24 and 2.4.25-pre7 w/ the
patches submitted by Oliver and Alan S. We're copying about 15GiB of data
between an IDE and USB drive, and see the hang occur somewhere in the first
1GiB of data transferred.

Changing max_sectors to 128/64/32/16/8 in the scsiglue.c doesn't make any
difference as far as stability goes. Unfortunately, once the system locks up,
it ceases responding even to the SysCtl hack.

I'm in the process of performing tests on various platforms and verbose
logging usb_storage via serial console. As soon as I have some results I will
be posting them to the linux-usb-devel list.

Martin