Re: tmpfs sparse file failure in glibc "make check"

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 12:09:35 EST

Hugh Dickins wrote:

I ought to fix this, but I'm averse to complexity. I'll mull over
the options before fixing it: please don't hold your breath.

No problem, as I said I have a workaround that causes me no pain. It seems that the use of tmpfs for both a traditional filesystem _and_ shmem is what's the root of this problem, what is the real advantage of both functions being performed by the same code?