Re: [ANNOUNCE] udev 015 release

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 13:21:23 EST

Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 06:44:00PM +0100, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
>
>>>What does:
>>> usbinfo -a -p /sys/class/usb/scanner0
>>>say?
>>

> Oops, sorry, that should have been 'udevinfo' not 'usbinfo'.
>
> Not awake yet...

Ok, but it doesn't help, as I guess the scanner0 entry will only appear if I use the scanner module, which I don't want to...so no scanner0 entry in my case.

But I basicaly managed to get support vie libusb (doing a brute chmod 666 on the proc device). Just need to set the rights correctly to the device via a script and let hotplug do the rest. Everything new to me, but makes sense somehow...

Prakash