ANNOUNCEMENT: Linux Netwosix 1.0 with Kernel 2.6.1 is released

From: Vincenzo Ciaglia
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 06:51:45 EST

Hi guys,
It's my pleasure to announce that Linux Netwosix 1.0 is released and runs the kernel 2.6.1 by default.
It seems to be the first linux distro with this kernel. I'm hopeful on this kernel.
Linux Netwosix is a powerful and optimized Linux distribution for servers and Network Security related jobs.
It can be also used for special operations as penetration test with its big collection of softwares
and sources security oriented. It's a ligh distribution created for the requirements of every SysAdmin
and it's very portable and highly configurable. Our philosophy is to give a big liberty of configuration
to the SysAdmin. Only in this way he/she can configure a powerful and stable server machine. Linux Netwosix have also a powerful ports system (Nepote) similar to the xBSD systems but more flexible and usable.

Here the announcement release:
http://www.netwosix.org/announce.html

Thanks for your attentions!
Vincenzo Ciaglia