ACPI -- Workaround for broken DSDT

From: john moser
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 14:44:57 EST

Please CC me all replies.

http://abaababa.ouvaton.org/presario/

Please note that a recompiled and fixed DSDT table exists for the Compaq Presario
2100 series. I would like to be able to simply point my kernel at this file at
compile time from a configuration menu, and compile it in to the kernel. I can
probably find the DSDT load code myself, but compiling external data into a
program and accessing it is something foreign to me (IDE's like Borland C++ Builder
did it for you and so I never was able to learn how with GCC).

This may be useful in the future for broken ACPI. Could someone please make a
quick patch to allow the path of a DSDT table to be defined so that it may be
compiled into the kernel and override the ACPI DSDT table in the BIOS? I'll
peek around, but ACPI and this sort of programming isn't my strong point.

If anyone is familiar with this area and would be willing to write up a patch,
please CC me so I don't spend days/weeks trying to figure out how the heck to
do this ;)