Re: ide-cdrom / atapi burning bug - 2.6.1

From: Alan
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 03:25:59 EST

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 10:49, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31 2004, David Ford wrote:
> > I don't have an RW, but when my cdrom fixates, it stalls everything
> > while it's fixating. I have an nForce chipset. (2.6.x)
>
> Does "everything" mean everything on that ide channel? If so, then
> that's a hardware limitation.

I have seen the problem as well.

It is not just processes using the IDE. Everything will pause for a
second or two. (Which causes grief with streaming audio running at the
same time.)

Even more annoying is that it does not always occur. I have not tried
tracking down where the kernel is getting hung up at that moment since
it has been fairly intermittent for me.

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!