Re: [RFC] killing the AMD53C974 and mac_NCR5380 drivers

From: Robert Gadsdon
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 11:36:57 EST

I always had problems with the AMD53C974 driver even back in 2.2.x days. On several old HP XU/90 and XU/120 Vectras I had to specify the TMSCSIM driver to get SCSI to work.....

Robert Gadsdon.

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Anyone screaming loudly if we remove them?

- AMD53C974 is broken and doesn't even compile, all supported hardware is
handled by the mainted tmscsim driver.
- mac_NCR5380 isn't even referenced in the build and hasn't been at
least since 2.4