Re: 2.6 input drivers FAQ

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 11:47:44 EST

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:23:37 EST, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> In years past, the mouse double-click for a single click syndrome was
> caused by the pushbutton switch in the mouse becoming unsoldered, as
> in a microscopic crack in the solder you had to use a strong glass to
> see around the switches pin in the puddle of solder. Holding the
> switch solidly against the board and resoldering fixed it right up.

Wow. What are the chances of that happening to two different
Microsoft Trackball Opticals, purchased at different times, but failing
at the same time? (I have one that stays with the docking station in
the one office space I use, and another that travels with me to the
other office space, or home, or plane, or whatever)...