Re: oops with 2.6.1-rc1 and rc-3

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 16:03:31 EST

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
Len Brown wrote:

handlers:
[<c02a6b50>] (ide_intr+0x0/0x190)
[<c03248c0>] (snd_intel8x0_interrupt+0x0/0x210)
Disabling IRQ #11
irq 11: nobody cared!

dmesg -s40000 output (or serial console log if dmesg unavailable)
/proc/interrupts

This is starting to get stupid: I tried recreating the oops with rc2 and rc2-mm2, but this time they started up normal. Currently I am even using a mm2 based kernel. But 2.6.2-rc3 still oopses. The problem is it

BTW, the only maybe affecting thing I change in the meanwhileis using the newest nvidia binary driver 53.36. Could something of it survive to the next boot (without powering the machin down)? Or might above oops just be a timing issue?

Prakash