Re: swsusp2 on ppc [Re: Software Suspend 2.0]

From: Hugang
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 20:41:42 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:01:25 +0100
Marco Giordani <marco@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:08:27PM +0800, Hugang wrote:
> > Here is the ppc swsusp2 update patch for 2.6.1 + rc6 + 2.0, please
> > apply.
>
> It doesn't work for me. During "write cache" phase, at 75% of the
> progress bar, my powerbook powers off the LCD backlight and it seems
> locked... at this point I can only power off the system... Any idea?
Show us the detail.

> BTW, I cannot compile your patch with highmem support. It will be very
> useful for me...
Attached file is fix highmem problem, I'm can't sure that not mistake,
can some ppc guys with double check.:) But you can try.

> I've also tried the benh's pmdisk patch and it works fine but it lacks
> highmem support too.

I have some advice:
1: Be sure before suspend have not unused device to used.
I'm make all the possible device into module, before suspend rmmod
it as possible, after it reload it.
2: You can enable swsusp2, that's useful debug.
before suspend do
echo 6 > /proc/swsusp/default_console_level
3: shared you kernel information.
dmesg >> /tmp/bug.log
cat /proc/swsusp/debug_info >> /tmp/bug.log
send /tmp/bug.log to LKML.
--
Hu Gang / Steve
Linux Registered User 204016