Oopses with both recent 2.4.x kernels and 2.6.x kernels

From: Stian Jordet
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 14:26:30 EST

Hello,

I have a server which was running 2.4.18 and 2.4.19 for almost 200 days
each, without problems. After an upgrade to 2.4.22, the box haven't been
up for 30 days in a row. This happened early november. I have caputered
oopses with both 2.4.23 and 2.6.1 which I have sent decoded to the list,
but have never got any reply.

I have ran memtest86 on the box, no errors. What else can be the
problem? I could of course go back to 2.4.19, which I know worked fine,
but I there have been some fixed security holes since then...

Any thoughts?

Best regards,
Stian