Re: iptables stopped logging to files, but shows in ring buffer

From: Harald Welte
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 07:29:35 EST

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:16:07PM -0500, Dan McGrath wrote:
> I remembered that iptables logs seem to show in dmesg command in the
> past, and sure enough, they are all showing up there no problems, but not in
> any files, including dmesg.log.

If they are in dmesg, but in no files, than this cannot be a kernel
problem. It has to be a userspace (klogd/syslogd) issue.

Thus, it is off-topic to lkml, and is not a problem of
netfilter/iptables.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.netfilter.org/
on while IP was being designed." -- Paul Vixie