Re: Linux 2.6.2 aka "Feisty Dunnart"

From: Alastair Stevens
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 09:46:25 EST

Very nice. But I see the name thing is really official now:

2 alastair@gluck:~/linux-2.6> head Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 2
EXTRAVERSION =
NAME=Feisty Dunnart

Its own line in the Makefile, no less. So, no doubt you're planning to actually _use_ this in some devious way? Worrying indeed....

BTW, I did my first attempt at an ATAPI CD burn last night, on one of Feisty Dunnart's release candidates, and it was wildly successful. I'm sure this isn't news, but it was great to see.

2.6 is looking great from here, no visible problems for me.

Cheers
Alastair

--
\\ Alastair Stevens, SysAdmin Team \ 01223 330383