Re: VM patches (please review)

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 12:42:02 EST

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Since this is broken down nicely, a line or two about what each patch
> does or doesn't address would be useful. In particular, having just
> gotten a working RSS I'm suspicious of the patch named vm-no-rss-limit
> being desirable ;-)

The bug with the RSS limit patch is that I forgot to
change the exec() code, so when init is exec()d it
gets an RSS limit of zero, which is inherited by all
its children --> always over the RSS limit, no page
aging, etc.

I need to find the cleanest way to add the inheriting
of RSS limit at exec time and send a patchlet for that
to akpm...