Missing IDE Devices in 2.6.2

From: Torin Ford
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 15:06:38 EST

I hate to ask such a stupid question, but has something "major" changed in
the IDE code between 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 that would cause it not to probe for
devices? I've got 2.6.1 running great. This morning when I used my 2.6.1
config file for 2.6.2 (doing a make oldconfig), everything compiles great.
Unfortunately when I boot 2.6.2, it doesn't find any IDE devices. With
2.6.1, the IDE code would probe and find my ZIP disk, and 2 CDROMs, now
with 2.6.2 I get nothing. Loading ide-cd and/or id-floppy don't do
anything either. Enclosed is my config file. I've also tried adding and
removing different boot params such as:

hdc=cdrom hdd=cdrom

or

hdc=ide-cd hdd=ide-cd

but still nothing. Here is are my lilo conf file entries for 2.6.1 and
2.6.2:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.1
label=2.6.1
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.1.img