PMDISK wins other suspends on my VAIO PGC-FX701

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 07:32:23 EST

I do not know if that could be of interest, but...

I tried (with kernel 2.6.1) the three flavors of suspend-to-disk available
around on my sony vaio PGCFX701 (athlon PowerNow, VIA chipset). The only one
that works(*) is PMDISK from standard kernel; nor swsusp (standard) neither
swsusp2 (I tried with 2.0rc7 release) could suspend my box.

If anyone is interested in more data and/or test, tell me, I can try things
for you. I never used a serial console, but I have a little psion thing that
I think I can use for it...

Romano

(*) well, unloading usb and alsa modules before suspend and reloading them
afterward. I read in l-k that module unloading shouldn't be needed... I will
try 2.6.2-mm1 which has alsa and usb updates, to see if I can avoid it.

PD S3 suspend does not work...

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569