Re: [Infiniband-general] Getting an Infiniband access layer in the linux kernel

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 13:56:42 EST

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:27:54AM -0800, King, Steven R wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> What exactly is wrong with spinlock? Far as I know, it's been working
> bug-free on a variety of platforms for quite some time now. The other
> abstractions such as atomic_t are for platform portability.

Again, compare them to the current kernel spinlocks and try to realize
why your implementation of spinlock_irqsave() will not work on all
platforms.

Come on, just use the kernel versions, there is no need to reinvent the
wheel all of the time, it just wastes everyones time (including mine...)

thanks,

greg k-h