Re: BUG in jfscode

From: Dave Kleikamp
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 16:34:56 EST

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 06:37, Tobias Bengtsson wrote:
> Hi!

Hi, Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

> kernel BUG at fs/jfs/jfs_dmap.c:2686!

I've seen a similar bug reported before, but it occurs only rarely. I'm
not sure what the cause is. My initial thought was the the block map
got corrupted, but after digging through the code I don't know if it's
that simple.

I would be interested if you can recreate the problem. If so, I may be
able to put in some debug code to help determine where JFS is getting
confused. Also, if it is block map corruption, running fsck -f against
the volume should fix that.

Thanks,
Shaggy
--