Re: psmouse.c, throwing 3 bytes away

From: Murilo Pontes
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 17:36:28 EST

I am not problems only using kde-3.2!
I have problems running any Window manager,

The problem is similar for "Kernel losing many ticks",
I think which problem is in VM system, "Kernel losing many ticks" is worst case of
kernel wait(long) get data from disk without DMA, but this is solve by activing DMA for all disks.

The time service maybe depend "wait kernel VM flush", like flush g++ buffers
or disk cache in systems with ~512MB without swap partitions.
This long wait increase kernel jiffes is not suficient for cause "Kernel losing many ticks",
but is suficient for break fewer bytes in mouse stream data.....

In parallel may be I2c/acpi thermal and fan monitoring software like gkrellm, well like S.M.A.R.T.
on disks, increase wait states in hardware.
Anyone is take this BUG always which i2c/acpi thermal and fan/s.m.a.r.t. is off????

Thanks