Re: [ACPI] acpi problem with nforce motherboards and ethernet

From: Luis Miguel García
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 20:11:26 EST

Craig Bradney wrote:

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 01:58, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

There is a way to "activate" cpu Disconnect? or it gets enabled by simply applying it?

In newer Abit BIOSes there is an option, or you use athcool.

Yes, I have a Abit motherboards, perhaps it's the problem with the bios.

I have an Abit NF7-S Rev2 with latest Bios.

Prakash, I have the same motherboard but not the latest bios (I think I cannot overclock in the same way when I flashed the latest, so I reverted one version). Perhaps I must upgrade and try.

About the "option" you're talking about in the bios, are you talking about CPU throttle?

As noted in my last post.. you dont NEED athcool OR Disconnect to get
stability..

I've only ever run athcool to check the status.. and my BIOS doesnt have
disconnect.

A7N8X Deluxe V2 BIOS 1007.. 11 days uptime here.. haven had a crash
since Ross released those patches ages ago.

Craig, I'm not talking about cpu disconnect because of the stability. I have 100% stability here with the two patches mentioned before in this thread. I was talking about my cpu showing temperatures between 53 and 64º, what I think is very high.