Re: HFSPLus driver for Linux 2.6.

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 00:12:17 EST

Hi, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Dylan Griffiths <dylang+kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I don't remember where I grabbed this driver, I only know it's much
>> more current than the one at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus.
>
> Sorry, that's a showstopper. We need to understand who the maintenance
> team is, and evaluate their preparedness to maintain this code long-term.

That probably was http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/. Their latest release
is from mid-December.

> We don't want to be adding yet another rarely-used filesystem which has no
> visible maintenance team.

The Mac-m68k and the Mac-PPC people would probably disagree about the
"rarely-used" part. I do agree that adding a filesystem, no matter how
widely used, without at least somebody to liaise between the kernel people
and the authors is a bad idea.

--
Matthias Urlichs